Hundreds of volunteers join KITH each year in the work of helping homeless families gain self-sufficiency. To join our volunteer team, contact KITH at 425-576-9531 x105, or email email@example.com. You can also fill out our volunteer application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer and Make an Impact for Homeless Families
Volunteers make KITH's work possible. We invite you to join this special group of people and be part of the mission. Here are some opportunities to consider:
Current volunteer opportunities:
Mailing Crew: Volunteers who help with KITH quarterly mailings save thousands of dollars helping KITH keep funds channeled towards programs! Next mailing 9:30AM‑3:30PM, September 3‑5 at the KITH office, 125 State Street. Two hour shifts, up to 8 people, adults/teens with adult supervision ok.
Moving Crew: Join KITH’s Moving Crew. This team responds to calls, as needed, for an able body/hand with a small truck, to help move light furniture to prepare apartments for families moving in. Times and dates based on client need. Open to receiving occasional evening/weekend calls.
Receptionist/Administrative Assistants: Welcome visitors, help the Executive Director and staff with administrative tasks, weekday afternoons between 1:00‑5:00PM at the KITH office, 125 State Street. One or multiple days, two- or four‑hour shifts, adults please.
Check out other volunteer opportunities.
- 5th Annual Fighting Homelessness Luncheon, Friday, March 14, 2014, at The Westin Bellevue
- Event planning committee, adults 21+, meets on second Tuesday, 7:00PM monthly, beginning in September: Decorations, social media interns, program planning, sponsorships, table captain coordinator, and more.
- Many day-of-event roles, including preparation, greeters, registration. Adults/high school age supervised by adults, 2- to 4‑hour shifts, 9:00AM‑1:30PM, March 14
- 11th Annual Autumn 25th Anniversary Event Committee: Planning for this celebration to be held in October of 2014 is underway! Many volunteer opportunities, including publicity, table captain, chair decorations, set-up, clean-up, registration, and more. Please contact KITH for details, or call KITH, 425‑576‑9531 x104.
- Adopt-an-Apartment - Furnish a kitchen/ bathroom to get ready for a family
- Computer Tech – Website maintenance, IT System maintenance
- KITH Representative at Community Service Events
- Light Property Maintenance, Yard Cleaning, and Painting
- Office help
- Quarterly Newsletter Mailing
- Social Media
- Special projects
Group volunteer opportunity (minimum 8‑10 adults/high school age supervised by adults)
- Prepare, serve, clean up appetizing, nutritious meal for 50+ at KITH’s weekly Community Supper
- Optional - Provide entertainment and/or activities
Homework Helper School calendar August 2013–June 2014
Assist students with homework
Holiday Adopt-a-Family Thanksgiving and Christmas — Yearly
Gift collection/distribution, sponsors for families
7 Hills of Kirkland Cycling to End Homelessness Event ―Memorial Day 2014
- Food prep, registration, help at food/water stops
- Event set-up/take-down
Please donate now!
KITH Newsletter is now Online!
Click here to see the current newsletter.
To help reduce mailing costs and funnel more resources into serving needy families, KITH now makes its Quarterly Newsletter available via email and on our website.
If you would prefer to receive the newsletter by email, please subscribe to our email list below: